4-ports router under $150
Anatoli
2018-04-07 21:59:58 UTC
Hi All!

I'm looking for a modest 4-5 ports router under $150 that works well
with OpenBSD. I don't need WiFi, USB or console port, and the throughput
don't need to exceed 100Mbps. The ideal device would be EdgeRouter X
(compact, 5 ports, $50) but I know it's not supported at this moment and
probably never will be.

EdgeRouter (ER) Lite only has 3 ports and the switch ports (eth2-4) of
ERPOE-5 are not yet supported.

ER-4 would be great, but the 4th port is SFP, I'd need to by an SFP NIC
for one of my devices and I'm not sure it's supported as the octeon page
says ER PRO SFP ports are not supported yet. Also it's a bit expensive
($190).

Banana Pi R2 would be great too, but I couldn't find if it's supported
by OpenBSD (it has MediaTek MT7623N, Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7).

Are there 4-5 port devices that are known to work well with OpenBSD?

Thanks,
Anatoli
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-08 00:57:16 UTC
The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
holding out for to run my home network on.

jungle boogie
2018-04-08 02:01:50 UTC
Thus said Jordan Geoghegan on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 17:57:16 -0700
> The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
> holding out for to run my home network on.

Just curious, why this and not amd64 bit with something like the
pcengine apu2 board? I know it only has three NICs, so it's likely a
non-started for the OP, but it's 64bit amd.

I don't know the MSRP of the ER6. Do you?
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-08 03:28:14 UTC
On 04/07/18 19:01, jungle boogie wrote:
> Thus said Jordan Geoghegan on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 17:57:16 -0700
>> The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
>> holding out for to run my home network on.
>>

> Just curious, why this and not amd64 bit with something like the
> pcengine apu2 board? I know it only has three NICs, so it's likely a
> non-started for the OP, but it's 64bit amd.
>
> I don't know the MSRP of the ER6. Do you?

Because I don't like amd64 and avoid it when possible. I like the idea
of having a niche architecture for my internet facing machines. Plus,
octeon has no speculative execution, and thus none of the awful exploits
associated with it. The Edgerouter is a stable, low power machine with
reasonable horsepower that is purpose built to push packets. I think the
ER6 is going to be retailing for about $220.
Karel Gardas
2018-04-08 12:42:44 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:28:14 -0700
Jordan Geoghegan <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/07/18 19:01, jungle boogie wrote:
> > Thus said Jordan Geoghegan on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 17:57:16 -0700
> >> The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
> >> holding out for to run my home network on.
> >>

> > Just curious, why this and not amd64 bit with something like the
> > pcengine apu2 board? I know it only has three NICs, so it's likely a
> > non-started for the OP, but it's 64bit amd.
> >
> > I don't know the MSRP of the ER6. Do you?
> >
> Because I don't like amd64 and avoid it when possible. I like the idea
> of having a niche architecture for my internet facing machines.

niche archs are nice, but if you do not have code of firmware to see what's its doing inside, then it's kind of meaningless.
PC Engines can provide you with their coreboot modified sources if you like to see them...
Patrick Dohman
2018-04-08 14:39:46 UTC
As much as I’d rather not point the blame I found the APU platform buggy when running OpenBSD.
Yes there are reports of stability with other O.S however subtle hardware/firmware bugs appeared on several OpenBSD releases.
I’m actually in the other boat when it comes to hardware stability being an excuse however openbsd'd excellent embedded footprint does well at disclosing subtle hardware issues.
I’m currently running a MikroTik 2011UiAS that is built on A mips processor. Quite honestly I’ve found the secret of stability on the network hardware arena to be distinct/discrete hardware.
Router ——> Firewall —— > Switch ——> Access point. Call me throw back to the 2001 however the result of one issue cascading across all protocols to heavy a load for one chip/box.
B.T.W im currently running a 6.2 DB on a Dell GX620 & things are stable.
Regards
Patrick

Theo de Raadt
2018-04-08 14:46:07 UTC
Patrick Dohman <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> As much as I’d rather not point the blame I found the APU platform
> buggy when running OpenBSD.

I doubt anyone believes your extremely vague assertions. There are
thousands of them running fine.

Right...
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-08 15:55:48 UTC
Ya, pretty much what Theo said...

I'd rather be running *BSD on ANY platform rather that running some
proprietary mikrotik garbage.

Patrick Dohman
2018-04-08 17:12:51 UTC
> Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
>
> I'd rather be running *BSD on ANY platform rather that running some proprietary mikrotik garbage.

The MikroTik 2011UiAS is quite respectable.
It replaced a Zyxel USG that was patched to address KRACK which introduced a strange bug that left it unstable.
The lesson learned being is don’t patch unless qualified.
Regards
Patrick
Karel Gardas
2018-04-09 12:42:18 UTC
On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 09:39:46 -0500
Patrick Dohman <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> As much as I’d rather not point the blame I found the APU platform buggy when running OpenBSD.
> Yes there are reports of stability with other O.S however subtle hardware/firmware bugs appeared on several OpenBSD releases.
> I’m actually in the other boat when it comes to hardware stability being an excuse however openbsd'd excellent embedded footprint does well at disclosing subtle hardware issues.
> I’m currently running a MikroTik 2011UiAS that is built on A mips processor. Quite honestly I’ve found the secret of stability on the network hardware arena to be distinct/discrete hardware.

I'm currently routing with MikroTik 2011L and I'm not satisfied at all. I do have just 2 Mbit ADSL and when I tried to limit bandwith of teenagers to 512kbps I've basically put
the board down to knees. E.g. it was running, but ping (from me!) went up to several seconds and whole internet was more dead then with teenagers downloading their stuff.
This all with up-to-date RouterOS 6.40.6 from Feb 20 2018 to patch latest vulnerabilities in it.

So as you have migrated from APU to MikroTik, I plan to do exactly reverse direction as soon as possible with OBSD on top of APU of course...
Tom Smyth
2018-04-10 08:35:18 UTC
Hi Patrick

of all the MikroTik Platforms you have mentioned the MikroTik 2011UiAS
is probably the least stable platform we have ever used from MikroTik,
We have had alot of weird issues with that platform in ROuter OS6
(packets no longer being natted... no log entry for a reason not natting them
and poor tunnel stability with them. (we have thousands of MikroTik in the
Field) and this is not just our experience it is other client experience also

regarding the APU2 the only minor issue I have had was poor SD cards
and poor msata cards....
other than that the platform has been solid for us...
like I said SD cards the S may stand for S*#t :)
also the guys at PC engines have been very helpful to support us on
hardware questions

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth

Mobile: +353 87 6193172
The information contained in this E-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the named recipient. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering it to the recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone at the number above and erase the message
You are requested to carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment.
Stuart Henderson
2018-04-10 23:09:03 UTC
On 2018-04-08, Patrick Dohman <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> As much as I’d rather not point the blame I found the APU platform buggy when running OpenBSD.
> Yes there are reports of stability with other O.S however subtle hardware/firmware bugs appeared on several OpenBSD releases.

APU and APU2 are both rock solid for many people on OpenBSD. If seeing
problems there I would first look for hardware issues e.g. is the power
supply faulty, or are there any mPCIe cards that might be causing
problems?
Patrick Dohman
2018-04-11 00:12:00 UTC
> Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
> APU and APU2 are both rock solid for many people on OpenBSD. If seeing
> problems there I would first look for hardware issues e.g. is the power
> supply faulty, or are there any mPCIe cards that might be causing
> problems?

My PC Engines APU & APU2 were both unstable running 5.7 & 5.8.
Specific to you question the mPCIe was equipped with an Atheros AR9281 WLAN Card.
In addition my current move to a distinct/discrete access point was hastened by a buggy Zyxel USG20w that implemented Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)
Please note the Zyzel & PC Engines both intermittently caused subnet “collisions” that necessitated power cycle of numerous networks hosts.
After several months of stability with the USG a patch to remediate KRACK caused DFS to to run idle and disconnect during channel scan.
In effort to remediate I configured a Hawking HW7ACB and found (subnet collisions) no longer an issue however occasional wireless disconnects occurred.
After installing WiFi Explorer I determined that all channels (1 - 161) were noisy and contained overlap in my urban apartment complex.
In effort to remediate I’ve configured a Hawking HW7ACB with channel number 165.
At this point my network stability is considered good.
jungle Boogie
2018-04-12 14:47:15 UTC
On 10 April 2018 at 16:09, Stuart Henderson <***@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2018-04-08, Patrick Dohman <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As much as I’d rather not point the blame I found the APU platform buggy when running OpenBSD.
>> Yes there are reports of stability with other O.S however subtle hardware/firmware bugs appeared on several OpenBSD releases.
>
> APU and APU2 are both rock solid for many people on OpenBSD. If seeing
> problems there I would first look for hardware issues e.g. is the power
> supply faulty, or are there any mPCIe cards that might be causing
> problems?

It's awesome to know how with the apu2's are running. The other boards
from aliexpress are probably okay, but in the end, seem more
expensive.
What's been linked here from aliexpress doesn't include RAM or HDD.

Here's a link to a github repo on setting up openBSD:
https://github.com/elad/openbsd-apu2/blob/master/README.md

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723
sip: ***@sip2sip.info
Joel Wirāmu Pauling
2018-04-12 19:41:59 UTC
Not that I am shitting on the e350 platform but;

a) Where are you finding 4 Gigabit port versions of the MB's with APU?
b) When I had one of these to test a few years ago they have some quite bad
Bus performance, which caused quite a lot of jitter/contension delay when
using PCI-E peripherals - would be interested to see some benchmarks vs the
Celeron/Atom 22mm process intel equivalents.

Michael Price
2018-04-12 21:16:40 UTC
Are you asking about

http://pcengines.ch/apu4b4.htm

They are out of stock at the moment but not discontinued.

Michael

Stuart Henderson
2018-04-12 23:10:56 UTC
On 2018/04/13 07:41, Joel Wirāmu Pauling wrote:
> Not that I am shitting on the e350 platform but;
>
> a) Where are you finding 4 Gigabit port versions of the MB's with APU?

These use GX-412TC, a bit newer than E-350.

No stock of the 4-port ones yet, see http://pcengines.ch/newshop.php?c=2.
The 3-port ones have been around for ages.

> b) When I had one of these to test a few years ago they have some quite bad Bus performance,
> which caused quite a lot of jitter/contension delay when using PCI-E peripherals - would be
> interested to see some benchmarks vs the Celeron/Atom 22mm process intel equivalents.

They're not meant to be super-high-performance boards, but saying that
I haven't really noticed any issues. (the only devices I'm using with
them are the onboard NICs and msata storage).
Sterling Archer
2018-04-12 23:28:02 UTC
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <***@aenertia.net> wrote:
> Not that I am shitting on the e350 platform but;

E350 is the Bobcat CPU, the PC Engines APU devices all have a 4 core
Jaguar CPU, which is quite a lot more powerful.

:wq!
Joel Wirāmu Pauling
2018-04-13 00:28:03 UTC
Can they do 14MPPS aka 10GBIT ?

That's what I am looking for in pretty much in anything I would vaguely
consider to replace the n3160's I have as my target devices at the moment.

Tom Smyth
2018-04-13 00:48:16 UTC
Not at 150$ ... sorry will u get 10G kit let alone line rate 10G kit...

Joel Wirāmu Pauling
2018-04-13 01:24:45 UTC
The Denverton SoC's when and if they get paired with reasonably priced
Mobo's will do 10G; Price wise for the SoC itself they are sub 150$

Currently if you want to be able to do the above on the cheap you need to
look towards non-fanless parts like a u6100 or similar

Stuart Henderson
2018-04-13 16:43:29 UTC
On 2018-04-13, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <***@aenertia.net> wrote:
> Can they do 14MPPS aka 10GBIT ?
> That's what I am looking for in pretty much in anything I would vaguely
> consider to replace the n3160's I have as my target devices at the moment.

Not sure the current max performance but I think we're still a fair bit
of work away from that sort of speed on OpenBSD on any hardware.
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-08 15:52:52 UTC
The pc engines stuff will still have blobs in it. There's no way to have
fully open firmware on a modern i-series chip based rig. At the end of
the day, we all are still using proprietary hardware.

Karel Gardas
2018-04-09 12:46:33 UTC
On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 08:52:52 -0700
Jordan Geoghegan <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> The pc engines stuff will still have blobs in it. There's no way to have
> fully open firmware on a modern i-series chip based rig. At the end of
> the day, we all are still using proprietary hardware.

APU2/3/4 is not i-series rig. It's using AMD GX412TC SoC based on
Jaguar cores. AFAIK this is one of last AMD chips running freely and
not requiring any blob. *If* you do have your own experience with this
hardware, then please share your details about what blobs exactly APU2
needs to run to perform routing business.

Thanks!
Karel
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-09 18:07:04 UTC
On 04/09/18 05:46, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 08:52:52 -0700
> Jordan Geoghegan <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The pc engines stuff will still have blobs in it. There's no way to have
>> fully open firmware on a modern i-series chip based rig. At the end of
>> the day, we all are still using proprietary hardware.
> APU2/3/4 is not i-series rig. It's using AMD GX412TC SoC based on
> Jaguar cores. AFAIK this is one of last AMD chips running freely and
> not requiring any blob. *If* you do have your own experience with this
> hardware, then please share your details about what blobs exactly APU2
> needs to run to perform routing business.
>
> Thanks!
> Karel

From what I can tell, the APU2 needs the AGESA binary though I am not
positive as I am not a coreboot expert.

In the coreboot github repo I found this regarding the apu2 though I may
be missing something here.

https://github.com/coreboot/blobs/commit/8ad2d6385652e14b6f0d35ab9b474c31ddeb1773#diff-95561ed31bc3a00a0d78661fa7681eef

Cheers,

Jordan
flipchan
2018-04-08 05:41:15 UTC
I run a apu board with 3 ports with openbsd 6.2 and coreboot, i recommend it

Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev
Michael Price
2018-04-08 16:02:20 UTC
Was it an apu2c4 by any chance? I was thinking about picking one of those
up and was curious as to what kind of packet rates people were seeing with
them.

Michael

Rupert Gallagher
2018-04-08 22:16:52 UTC
963Mbps

Joe Holden
2018-04-09 00:19:46 UTC

Obtaining a gig isn't hard, what actual pps can they achieve?
flipchan
2018-04-09 04:00:16 UTC
yes a apu2b4 its is very stable with openbsd6.2 and it performs rly good , im running it with cat 6 cables and i am much more happier with that one rather then my consumer router, i now have a fully working seperation of my different networks and having a rly good dhcp server rly does wonders, i recommend it, just dont forget to enable com0 as output , i recommended the board to a friend and he loves it to he is running linux on it doe :/

Tom Smyth
2018-04-10 08:38:13 UTC
Hi Michael,

I did some brief testing on 6.1/ 6.2
simple routing 780Mb./s TCP performance simple routed
with GRE tunnels about 450 Mb/s TCP Performance simple routed
+Gre Encapsulation
(1500 byte packets)

opening any attachment.
Joel Wirāmu Pauling
2018-04-10 09:10:35 UTC
That sounds bang on what MIPS64 Qualcomm AR7xxx platforms can do
~400-500mbit slow path operations is pretty much peak you see with them
regardless of implementation.

-Joel

Karel Gardas
2018-04-08 12:39:44 UTC
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 19:01:50 -0700
jungle boogie <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thus said Jordan Geoghegan on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 17:57:16 -0700
> > The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
> > holding out for to run my home network on.
> >

> Just curious, why this and not amd64 bit with something like the
> pcengine apu2 board? I know it only has three NICs, so it's likely a

apu4b4 provides 4 intel NICs:

http://pcengines.ch/apu4b4.htm
Anatoli
2018-04-09 00:20:08 UTC
Guys, thank you all for your recommendations.

> I know it only has three NICs, so it's likely a non-started for the OP

Yepp, there are a lot of nice devices with 3 NICs, but I need at least 4
and actually I don't need more than 5.

> The Edgerouter 6 is going to be coming out shortly, that is what I am
holding out for to run my home network on
> I think the ER6 is going to be retailing for about $220

It's a nice device for the suggested price, but it's a bit expensive for
my project. I need a number of the devices, the idea is not to surpass $150.

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/QOTOM-310G4-3215U-Barebone-mini-pc-Dual-core-4-nics-Mini-pc-Ubuntu-Industrial-desktop-Computer/32769767156.html
> This is what I bought for similar purposes.
> It has 4 Intel Gigabit ports and their efficiency is 99%.

Thanks Максим, looks interesting, but again it's a bit expensive. The
basic version with RAM costs about $232.

> apu4b4 provides 4 intel NICs: http://pcengines.ch/apu4b4.htm

Thanks a lot Karel, I didn't know there was an apu4 board. I guess this
is the device I'm looking for. Though, there's no information on
internet about it, even the official page doesn't provide links to it,
it appears only on the order page. Was it released just recently? Can
you confirm it's working well with OpenBSD 6.2/6.3?

Do you know where to buy it? On the official order page
(http://www.pcengines.ch/newshop.php?c=4) it says "No stock".

Regards,
Anatoli

Joel Wirāmu Pauling
2018-04-09 02:54:36 UTC
You can get 4 ports j1900's for sub $100 off ali-express. If you don't
care about AES-NI they do 5gbit duplex slow path l3 forwarding just fine:

If you want AES-NI then these are the Cheapest :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Minisys-4-Lan-pfsense-minipc-Intel-atom-E3845-quad-core-mini-itx-motherboard-linux-firewall-computer/32825684280.html

Anatoli
2018-04-09 04:41:00 UTC
Thanks for your suggestion, Joel.

> If you want AES-NI then these are the Cheapest:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Minisys-4-Lan-pfsense-minipc-Intel-atom-E3845-quad-core-mini-itx-motherboard-linux-firewall-computer/32825684280.html

This one looks good, a bit more expensive ($172) than my limit, but
probably I could expand it.

> You can get  4 ports j1900's for sub $100 off ali-express

Yeah, there're a lot of devices, but I don't know which one works well
with OpenBSD. Could you please point me to a particular device that you
know works well?

Rui Ribeiro
2018-04-08 18:00:24 UTC
Is that this one? https://store.ubnt.com/products/edgerouter-6-port-1

--
Regards,

--
Rui Ribeiro
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rui-ribeiro/16/ab8/434
Theo de Raadt
2018-04-08 16:00:31 UTC
Jordan Geoghegan <***@gmail.com> wrote:

> The pc engines stuff will still have blobs in it. There's no way to
> have fully open firmware on a modern i-series chip based rig. At the
> end of the day, we all are still using proprietary hardware.

Who cares?

People just want to get the job done. We do the best we can, but I've
never seen your line on a line of code.
Jordan Geoghegan
2018-04-08 16:20:40 UTC
On 04/08/18 09:00, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Jordan Geoghegan <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The pc engines stuff will still have blobs in it. There's no way to
>> have fully open firmware on a modern i-series chip based rig. At the
>> end of the day, we all are still using proprietary hardware.
> Who cares?
I wasn't arguing , I was pretty much saying "who cares" in a longer less
obvious way.

> People just want to get the job done. We do the best we can, but I've
> never seen your line on a line of code.

I fully agree that folks just want to get the job done.
I am hoping to contribute in a meaningful way this year, but my shyness
has gotten the best of me as I am not the best C programmer, but do
decently with Perl. I am sure as my skill and confidence level
increases, you will see some code out me.
Максим
2018-04-09 05:30:18 UTC
Hi Anatoli,
Another good device for $165 in basic setup:
https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Industrial-PC-Max-8G-DDR3-Dual-Core-Mini-Desktop-Computer-x86-4-Lan-port-12v/32692470253.html?spm=a2g0v.search0104.3.23.1e1e2025iFZAQt&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10152_10151_10065_10344_10068_10342_5722912_10343_10340_5722612_10341_10698_10697_10696_5722812_10084_10083_10618_5722712_10307_10301_10059_10534_308_100031_10103_441_10624_10623_10622_10621_5723012_10620_5722512,searchweb201603_25,ppcSwitch_3&algo_expid=55575e8e-990d-4e17-80a8-5eec917361f0-3&algo_pvid=55575e8e-990d-4e17-80a8-5eec917361f0&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

--
С уважением,
Родин Максим

Anatoli
2018-04-09 06:44:13 UTC
Thanks, Maxim.

Have you tried it with OpenBSD? Or should all these j1900 devices work well?

Максим
2018-04-09 09:05:21 UTC
It has a compatible Intel Ethernet adapter (82583V)
https://man.openbsd.org/man4/em.4
I don't know what else can be a problem.

--
С уважением,
Родин Максим

Родин Максим
2018-04-08 06:27:48 UTC

--
С уважением,
Родин Максим
Родин Максим
2018-04-08 06:21:54 UTC

--
С уважением,
Родин Максим
Predrag Punosevac
2018-04-09 23:57:45 UTC
On 04/07/18 14:59, Anatoli wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I'm looking for a modest 4-5 ports router under $150 that works well
> with OpenBSD. I don't need WiFi, USB or console port, and the
> throughput don't need to exceed 100Mbps. The ideal device would be
> EdgeRouter X (compact, 5 ports, $50) but I know it's not supported at
> this moment and probably never will be.
>
> EdgeRouter (ER) Lite only has 3 ports and the switch ports (eth2-4) of

> ERPOE-5 are not yet supported.
>
> ER-4 would be great, but the 4th port is SFP, I'd need to by an SFP
> NIC for one of my devices and I'm not sure it's supported as the
> octeon page says ER PRO SFP ports are not supported yet. Also it's a
> bit expensive ($190).
>
> Banana Pi R2 would be great too, but I couldn't find if it's supported

> by OpenBSD (it has MediaTek MT7623N, Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7).
>
> Are there 4-5 port devices that are known to work well with OpenBSD?
>
> Thanks,
> Anatoli

This is slightly over your price range but I have a bunch of these
deployed in few startups.

https://www.amazon.com/Firewall-Micro-Appliance-Gigabit-Barebone/dp/B01GIVQI3M
This one looks even better but it is more expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Firewall-Appliance-Gigabit-AES-NI-Barebone/dp/B072ZTCNLK
I don't have any of those models.

I do have EdgeRouter Lite Ubiquiti Networks but it has 3 ports in
total.

Predrag

P.S. I would really like to hear from OpenBSD users who own one of these
devices

https://www.openbsd.org/armv7.html
lilit-aibolit
2018-04-11 07:49:54 UTC
Hi, I've been looking for more then one year to get something similar
until I found this:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Celeron-J1900-Mini-pc-free-shipping-micro-sd-two-usb-and-four-lan-laptop-overwatch-Computer/32794678352.html?spm

I already got and tested it and it work fine.

Todd C. Miller
2018-04-11 15:27:21 UTC
On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 10:49:54 +0300, lilit-aibolit wrote:

> Hi, I've been looking for more then one year to get something similar
> until I found this:
>
> https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Celeron-J1900-Mini-pc-free-shipping-micro-sd-t
> wo-usb-and-four-lan-laptop-overwatch-Computer/32794678352.html?spm
>
> I already got and tested it and it work fine.

Can you access the BIOS from the serial port or only via VGA?

- todd
lilit-aibolit
2018-04-12 11:39:04 UTC
I haven't tried via serial because I used vga+usb keyboard.

However I'll definitely try that lan-serial port.

jungle boogie
2018-04-21 22:32:41 UTC
Thus said Lilit-aibolit on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:39:04 +0300
> I haven't tried via serial because I used vga+usb keyboard.
>
> However I'll definitely try that lan-serial port.

Did you get a chance to try the BIOS via serial connection?