Simple scripts to rebuild your OpenBSD src and xenocara and cut an ISO.
Dinesh Thirumurthy
2017-12-23 12:56:51 UTC
Hi,

If anyone wants to try to very simple way to compile your OpenBSD box,
(man release rocks), but that might be a daunting for a person
just getting into the UNIX/OpenBSD world.

So, I wrote some syntactic sugar which makes it very easy:

doas mkkern.sh # compile kernel
doas mkbase.sh # compile base
doas mkxeno.sh # compile xenocara
doas mkrel.sh # cut an iso

You can get it from:
https://github.com/hakrtech/reladm.git

Usage Instructions at:

https://github.com/hakrtech/src/wiki/Home

I would also like to give back by appropriately OpenBSD style/philosophy
licensing it. I have not figured that out yet. Hopefully soon. BSD2,3,4
vs MIT vs ...

Thanks. Have fun!

Regards,
Dinesh
f***@ymail.com
2017-12-23 17:58:32 UTC
Hi Dinesh,

The OpenBSD homepage describes a preferred license. It's the first link on

https://www.openbsd.org/policy.html

Thomas
Dinesh Thirumurthy
2017-12-23 18:59:28 UTC
Hi Thomas,
Post by f***@ymail.com
The OpenBSD homepage describes a preferred license. It's the first link on
https://www.openbsd.org/policy.html
Thanks very much. Licensed it OpenBSD style. :-)

https://github.com/hakrtech/reladm/blob/master/LICENSE

with a basic README

https://github.com/hakrtech/reladm/blob/master/README

A droplet of an indirect contribution the OpenBSD Project.
My first contribution to OpenBSD community. Hopefully not last.

If any one wants to review it, improve it, kindly feel free. And
connect with me on github.com. I am hakrdinesh.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Dinesh