Do not give-up on marketing
Add Reply
Rupert Gallagher
2017-12-02 17:45:01 UTC
Click on stickers.

https://www.parallella.or
Mihai Popescu
2017-12-02 18:12:03 UTC
Q2xpY2sgb24gc3RpY2tlcnMuCgpodHRwczovL3d3dy5wYXJhbGxlbGxhLm9y
Zy9idXkvCgpEbyB0aGUgc2FtZSBhbmQgYmUgaGFwcHku
Man, please quit using that encoding of ASCII mail.
Many people told you that is useless and it is not use by mainstream servers.
Please have a try and disable this, you are killing the internet email
list for nothing ! There is no benefit in using that sht.

Thanks.
Rupert Gallagher
2017-12-02 19:47:45 UTC
I am afraid I cannot do that. The client app does not include a control panel option. There also seems to be a problem with mime handling by the list's own software. There is nothing I can do.

:-(

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
Stuart Henderson
2017-12-03 09:09:20 UTC
Just filter @protonmail.com (I have it for message-id and in-reply-to),
you'll have a more pleasant misc@-reading experience.
Mihai Popescu
2017-12-03 10:58:42 UTC
I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
you using, like email client and misc@ configuration( i.e, daily
digest, individual emails, etc.)?

I am sorry for the off topic.
Stuart Henderson
2017-12-03 12:59:01 UTC
Post by Mihai Popescu
I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
digest, individual emails, etc.)?
I am sorry for the off topic.
For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn
(via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better.
Rupert Gallagher
2017-12-03 14:46:57 UTC
Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
Mikko Laine
2017-12-03 16:48:15 UTC
Post by Rupert Gallagher
Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.
Even if the encoding issue is ignored, your messages still do not
conform to the netiquette of this mailing list and make for difficult
reading. Please do consider fixing your end.
Sterling Archer
2017-12-05 20:46:14 UTC
Post by Rupert Gallagher
Finally, the truth behind the aggressive behaviour against me. Some of you cannot read protonmail posts *because* you read the list through a mail archive with a substandard implementation of mime encoding. Well, fuck you and your mail archive. Upgrade, or die slowly.
Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
You've been told your email client
doesn't confirm to the netiquette of
this mailing list numerous times.
You obviously don't care, because
you keep using it, so if anyone's
being rude it's you.
Joseph Mayer
2017-12-06 05:06:14 UTC
Here is how to make ProtonMail compatible with misc@:

Click "Settings" up to the right.

Click the "Appearance" tab in the menu.

Under the "Composer mode" section there's a dropdown with two options, it's preset to "Normal".

Switch it to "Plain Text".

This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format everyone wants.
being rude it's you.
Rupert Gallagher
2017-12-06 08:09:23 UTC
Not available on iPhone app.

Besides, I hate mail archives, and I am happy they cannot handle my mail.

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
Marko Cupać
2017-12-06 10:51:15 UTC
On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:06:14 -0500
Post by Joseph Mayer
Click "Settings" up to the right.
Click the "Appearance" tab in the menu.
Under the "Composer mode" section there's a dropdown with two
options, it's preset to "Normal".
Switch it to "Plain Text".
This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format everyone wants.
Almost there, but still violating second part of the first rule: 72
characters per line ;)

Claws-mail inserts line breaks automatically.
After enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/
Mikko Laine
2017-12-06 12:07:13 UTC
Post by Marko Cupać
Post by Joseph Mayer
This email was sent from ProtonMail. I presume it's in the format everyone wants.
Almost there, but still violating second part of the first rule: 72
characters per line ;)
And the quoting is messy: quote only what is needed to understand the
context, and do not top-post. Thank you for appreciating us who prefer
to use cli clients.

See also https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt, or the relevant parts of
it.

Edgar Pettijohn
2017-12-03 18:51:37 UTC
Post by Stuart Henderson
Post by Mihai Popescu
I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
digest, individual emails, etc.)?
I am sorry for the off topic.
For most lists I just use mutt. For noisier ones like misc I use slrn
(via news.gmane.org) as the filtering in usenet clients is a bit better.
Thanks for this. I was looking for a newsreader a while back and
couldn't find one I liked. slrn is perfect!
Marko Cupać
2017-12-04 13:23:23 UTC
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 12:58:42 +0200
Post by Mihai Popescu
I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
digest, individual emails, etc.)?
I am using claws-mail, redirecting (by means of server-side sieve
filters) emails from each mailing list to a separate folder. I
configure sieve filters from roundcube, and for mailing lists I mostly
use rule similar to "list id contains <misc.openbsd.org> -> move
message to "INBOX\lists\openbsd\misc".

I like to receive individual mails and set mailing lists folders to

Regards,

https://www.mimar.rs/
Alfred Morgan
2017-12-05 17:52:19 UTC
Post by Mihai Popescu
I use to read lists in marc.info.
It is a little bit off topic, but I dare to ask: what combination are
digest, individual emails, etc.)?
I'm reading on marc.info using Chrome. Here's a quick tip to read the
base64 encoded emails on the web:
1. Copy full b64 text block
2. Open javascript console (ctrl+shift+J)
3. atob(`<paste text block>`) // <-- note the backticks
4. ????
5. Profit!
--
-alfred