Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!
Add Reply
Predrag Punosevac
2017-12-05 04:44:42 UTC
# uname -a
OpenBSD oko.bagdala2.net 6.2 GENERIC.MP#0 amd64

# syspatch
Get/Verify syspatch62-002_fktrace... 100% |*************| 785 KB 00:01
Installing patch 002_fktrace
Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!

Any hints where should I look for the reason relinking is failing?

Predrag
Predrag Punosevac
2017-12-05 05:13:01 UTC
Post by Predrag Punosevac
# uname -a
OpenBSD oko.bagdala2.net 6.2 GENERIC.MP#0 amd64
# syspatch
Get/Verify syspatch62-002_fktrace... 100% |*************| 785 KB 00:01
Installing patch 002_fktrace
Relinking to create unique kernel... failed!
Any hints where should I look for the reason relinking is failing?
Predrag
I am onto something

# pwd
/usr/share/compile/GENERIC.MP
# more relink.log
sha256: /var/db/kernel.SHA256: no properly formatted checksum lines
found
sha256: /bsd does not exist in /var/db/kernel.SHA256

The kernel I am currently using was copied from the other machine when
the desktop was trashed due to pmap_flash_cache problem on Apollo Lake

https://www.mail-archive.com/***@openbsd.org/msg157274.html

Cheers,
Predrag
Theo de Raadt