Which hexeditor may I use to import binary files via shell?
Felix Maschek
2018-03-11 05:42:33 UTC
Hi,

I have a running tor node ("scurra") and want to move it to a newer
server hosted by my ISP.

For this task I have to move (binary) key files from the old server to
the new oner.

I don't want to open any remote access to the new server (despite the
tor services, of course). So I've only the management console available.

Is there a shell command availabl to import binary files via shell?
Something like a hex editor?

Kind regards
Felix
Philip Guenther
2018-03-11 06:18:59 UTC
Post by Felix Maschek
Is there a shell command availabl to import binary files via shell?
Something like a hex editor?
b64encode(1) and the matching b64decode(1)

For files that have only a few bytes that aren't printable ASCII, vis(1)
and unvis(1) may be more friendly.

Philip Guenther