Pass, gpg2, gpg
Lucas López
2018-12-07 15:33:36 UTC
Hi everyone, I can not seem to find a solution to this.

I like https://www.passwordstore.org/ and I am so gratefull to have it in
OpenBSD as a package!

I can deduce pass command uses gpg2 command which in turn uses gpg command.
The issue is *gpg is always in batch mode*, so if I want to use pass, I
have to manually decrypt something directly using gpg2 (gpg2 -d bla ->
prompt for passphrase). This way pass is usable as one would expect.

Question: How to set gpg, gpg2 as interactive mode *by default*?

Thank you very much!

Lucas.
Kai Wirt
2018-12-07 19:54:28 UTC
Post by Lucas López
I can deduce pass command uses gpg2 command which in turn uses gpg command.
The issue is *gpg is always in batch mode*, so if I want to use pass, I
have to manually decrypt something directly using gpg2 (gpg2 -d bla ->
prompt for passphrase). This way pass is usable as one would expect.
In my understanding gpg and gpg2 are two different programs. Thus for
pass to work you need to setup your keys in gpg2 or import them from gpg.

For me pass and gpg2 worked out-of-the-box as expected.

Kai
David Dahlberg
2018-12-10 08:32:18 UTC
Post by Lucas López
I like https://www.passwordstore.org/ and I am so gratefull to have it
in OpenBSD as a package! Please do not ask questions that have nothing to
do with OpenBSD in ***@. If it is about the port itself, you may contact
the maintainer (which would be me in this case) or may use ***@. [...]

Content analysis details: (0.9 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
1.3 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
-0.4 AWL AWL: Adjusted score from AWL reputation of From: address
Subject: Re: Pass, gpg2, gpg
Post by Lucas López
I like https://www.passwordstore.org/ and I am so gratefull to have it
in OpenBSD as a package!
Please do not ask questions that have nothing to do with OpenBSD in
***@. If it is about the port itself, you may contact the maintainer
(which would be me in this case) or may use ***@.

But if the question is not at all OpenBSD related, you're better advised
to use the mailling list of the software itself:

That being said, of course I may answer your questions shortly via PM.

Cheers
David
Edd Barrett
2018-12-10 10:05:26 UTC
Post by Lucas López
Question: How to set gpg, gpg2 as interactive mode *by default*?
I don't use passwordstore, but I do use gpg2 (gpg is a different program
entirely).

If you use gpg2, did you try manually setting a pinentry?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#pinentry
--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett