[6.2] Problem with X, .cwmrc file missing from fresh install
Luka Kosanovic
2018-03-08 04:16:50 UTC
Hi, Im a new user and I have a problem with cwm, everything works, I
login and default xterm window appears but default keyboard shortcuts
do not work. I tried many standard shortcuts and nothing happens, then
I went on mailing lists and found somebody had the same problem a
month ago so I did a little bit of digging and found out .cwmrc conf
file doesnt exist.
Can you please tell me why is that, shouldnt there
be a default file in my home folder with a fresh install? Everything
else works as expected there were no problems.

Thank you
Kapfhammer, Stefan
2018-03-08 06:54:56 UTC
Hello Luca,

there is no default .cwmrc in a user's home folder.
The standard shortcuts are described in cwm(1)‎.

Stefan

Origineel bericht

Thank you
Maurice McCarthy
2018-03-08 07:49:34 UTC
Post by Luka Kosanovic
Hi, Im a new user and I have a problem with cwm, everything works, I
login and default xterm window appears but default keyboard shortcuts
do not work. I tried many standard shortcuts and nothing happens, then
I went on mailing lists and found somebody had the same problem a
month ago so I did a little bit of digging and found out .cwmrc conf
file doesnt exist.
Can you please tell me why is that, shouldnt there
be a default file in my home folder with a fresh install? Everything
else works as expected there were no problems.
Thank you
The zero config is intentional. First have a read of man 5 cwmrc. My own
~/.cwmrc looks like this:

command xterm /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -bg black -fg wheat -fn 10x20 -ls

and ~/.xsession like this:

exec /usr/X11R6/cwm

and ~/.xinitrc like so:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xconsole -geometry -0+0 -fn 8x10 & \
/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -e tmux -2u & \
/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm & \
/usr/X11R6/bin/cwm

Good Luck