default terminal autoload disable afater xenodm login
Denis
2018-12-06 18:33:34 UTC
After changing X Display Manager to xenodm + spectrwm as win manager I
have an additional terminal load just after xenodm login.

I've disabled 'xconsole' in /etc/X11/xenodm/Xsetup_0 by commenting it.

# cat ~/.xsessinon
export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc
xsetroot -solid grey &
xterm -bg black -fg white +sb &
/usr/local/bin/spectrwm

After login I have one xterm with black background, and the second one
(xconsole) I want to disable. It loads by default once login is accepted.

Please advice to do that
Denis

Please advice to do that
Anthony Campbell
2018-12-07 16:59:09 UTC
Post by Denis
After changing X Display Manager to xenodm + spectrwm as win manager I
have an additional terminal load just after xenodm login.
I've disabled 'xconsole' in /etc/X11/xenodm/Xsetup_0 by commenting it.
# cat ~/.xsessinon
export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc
xsetroot -solid grey &
xterm -bg black -fg white +sb &
/usr/local/bin/spectrwm
After login I have one xterm with black background, and the second one
(xconsole) I want to disable. It loads by default once login is accepted.
Please advice to do that
Thanks for posting this - been bugging me for weeks.
Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk
Denis
2018-12-07 20:37:25 UTC
.spectrwm.conf should contain or commented it out:

autorun = ws[1]:/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -bg black -fg white +sb

to fix unexpected terminals load after xenodm login.