procmail and new grammar in smtpd.conf
Eda Sky
2018-12-05 11:22:55 UTC
Hi
I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required configuration
files
For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know how to
overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
the original rule is

accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

I do not know how to write new rules.
Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.

Will anyone advise me?
Thank you
trondd
What have you tried?
Daniel Corbe
2018-12-05 15:07:34 UTC
Post by Eda Sky
Hi
I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required
configuration files
For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know how
to overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
the original rule is
accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to mda
"/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
I do not know how to write new rules.
Everything I'm trying to do ends with syntax error.
Will anyone advise me?
procmail is no longer maintained. It last saw a stable release in
September of 2001

In the author’s own words:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=141634350915839&w=2
Post by Eda Sky
Executive summary: delete the procmail port; the code is not safe and
should not be used as a basis for any further work.
-Daniel
Gregory Edigarov
2018-12-05 15:46:02 UTC
Post by Eda Sky
Hi
I'm preparing an update from 6.3 to 6.4 and fix the required
configuration files
For many years I've been using fetchmail/procmail and I do not know
how to overwrite smtpd.conf to a new grammar
the original rule is
accept from any for domain "example.com" alias <aliases> deliver to
mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -" \
that seems to become:

action "procmail" mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

match for domain "example.com" action "procmail"