On a second thought, I will just leave this matter here, before it unnecessarily escalates into a fireball.
In the end, I will just clear a few things please:
- I genuinely didn't knew much about the structure of openBSD community/team or how loved Antoine is by everyone around here in general. Nice to know it now.
- I honestly didn't intend to call him (Antoine) or anyone else for the record, bad in anyway. I think my homework was lacking, that is the issue here. But please don't bash me, for not knowing who Antoine is. You know I could still be actually Antoine himself in disguise doing a public opinion bath for himself :P (although I think, that is unbelievable at this point :D )
- I will read up about the AMIs and will then look at Antoine's github then (as someone suggested), thank you. I tried talking to him, and yes he seems like the nice guy everyone made him out to be.
- About AWS: It was not my first choice, nor did I call it a fortress anywhere. I knew about the drawbacks of the cloud, and I did heard about past breaches at AWS. In India, due to payment-option issues, a lot of services are still not available. Even AWS was not, until sometime ago, when they set-up a dedicated subsidiary to meet the regulatory requirements here. So given that my options are limited to begin with,.. in order to scratch one more out, I have to think twice.
When Nick and others pointed out that the situation is very bad (akin to using Windows Xp today), I understood that I needed to review my opinion of AWS 'properly'. But before I go on to do that, it is reasonable to ask the people who know about it that if they have some nice starting pointers.
- On that account, I will still welcome any suggestions regarding where to host my first openBSD machine securely. But please email me privately. It would be very kind of you (and helpful!).
- Finally, I came here (to openBSD mailing lists) with a good opinion of what you guys (and gals) have created and continue to maintain. And I still continue to think good about everyone here. Thanks for the help everyone, and my apologies, if the slight silly nature of my query was not even enough for a chuckle.
Peace or Salaam to everyone.