Using openbsd to stream webcast radio
Ted Goodridge, Jr
2003-05-15 16:45:25 UTC
Could someone point me in the right direction for a program/daemon to
stream mp3/ogg files as part of a webcast radio? I don't really want to
discuss legal issues, as this is a technical "how is it done?" question.

What programs would facilitate this? I want to use my OpenBSD server if at
all possible.

Thank you in advance,
Ted
Christian Plog
2003-05-15 17:33:59 UTC
Post by Ted Goodridge, Jr
What programs would facilitate this? I want to use my
OpenBSD server if at all possible.
I have a running MP3 house radio using IceCast and IceS from www.icecast.org.
No problem running it under OpenBSD, IceCast is even under ports.

The only thing slightly irritating is the tendency of the streams to get a bit
out of sync, meaning that to receiver are at slightly different parts of the
stream. It's only a few seconds, but if the other receiver is in the next room,
it is a bit irritating. But this could even be due to the receivers (WinAMP),
no idea really, never tested.

Christian