OpenBSD 6.9 and PHP version
Steve Williams
2021-05-18 00:20:05 UTC

When I upgraded to OpenBSD 6.9 then did the pkg_add -u, I got
php-php-7.4.18 installed.

How do I know if it's "safe" to delete the old php-7.3.28 and all the
associated modules?

I know I'll have to migrate my ".ini" file changes to the new version
for both php and php_fpm, but other than that, how do I figure out if
anything is still calling 7.3?

I have a simple build, roundcubemail, piwigo, nextcloud and a few others.

Thanks,
Steve W.
Michael Hekeler
2021-05-18 05:13:23 UTC
When I upgraded to OpenBSD 6.9 then did the pkg_add -u, I got php-php-7.4.18
installed.
How do I know if it's "safe" to delete the old php-7.3.28 and all the
associated modules?
You will have to check the manual (readmes, manpages, homepage whatever)
provided by the webapp developers whether the thing runs on php-7.4.

And if PHP 7.4 is supported by ALL of your webapps then it is safe to
remove PHP 7.3

If PHP 7.4 is supported by all BUT ONE then you should run multiple
instances of php-fpm and configure 7.4 for the supported ones and
serve 7.3 only for the unsupported webapp.
Then you shouldn't remove php-7.3 ;-)
Steve W.
Stuart Henderson
2021-05-18 17:02:15 UTC
Post by Steve Williams
Hi,
When I upgraded to OpenBSD 6.9 then did the pkg_add -u, I got
php-php-7.4.18 installed.
How do I know if it's "safe" to delete the old php-7.3.28 and all the
associated modules?
I know I'll have to migrate my ".ini" file changes to the new version
for both php and php_fpm, but other than that, how do I figure out if
anything is still calling 7.3?
I have a simple build, roundcubemail, piwigo, nextcloud and a few others.
Thanks,
Steve W.
Roundcube and nextcloud are ok with 7.4. No idea about piwigo.