Lenovo Thinkstation Intel Xeon DDB upon boot
jeanfrancois
2021-04-29 09:51:22 UTC
Good day,

I'm trying to install OpenBSD on an old Inter Xeon Lenovo Thinkstation,
but it will properly install, on reboot fails on PCI8 enumeration (or
PCI6 when I enable only PCIE with the graphic card).

I checked internally, nothing fancy seems installed, I disabled most
bios features if not all, still the same error at the same point inside
the kernel.

DDB doesn't allow to do anything, the keyboard is non responsive.

I'll try get more informations, meanwhile has some of you information on
compatibility issue and how to deal with this for the Thinkstation or
Xeon processors ?

I installed the i386 OpenBSD 6.8. I can have a shell from finishing the
install process, that works.

Thanks

Jean-François
jeanfrancois
2021-04-29 13:33:57 UTC

DDB is not active (stalled), I couldn't get more info, attached picture
is the ending fault.

The type of server is a Levono Thinkstation P720 fit with Intel Silver
Xeon Silver 4110 processor.

I do not have ideas how to get through this.

Thank you

Jean-François
Jean-François
jeanfrancois
2021-05-19 13:25:04 UTC

Solved with the AMD64 build, which is also for Intel eg Xeon proc in
this case, which I wasn't aware, thanks for a person who highlighed this
on bugs mailing list.

Regards,

Jean-François
Hi,